John M. Quaranta
- Business & Commercial
Mr. Quaranta is a trial lawyer for businesspeople, focusing his trial practice on complex commercial litigation, including business divorces, D&O litigation, securities, insurance, and employment litigation. Since 2002, Mr. Quaranta has been rated AV PreeminentTM (Highest Competency and Ethics rating from Martindale-Hubbell). He has been recognized by his peers as a member of the Florida Legal EliteTM, Best Lawyers in AmericaTM and Super LawyersTM for commercial litigation. In 2017, he attained membership into The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers.
In Mr. Quaranta's 31 years of practice, he has tried cases in federal and state courts throughout Florida, as well as before the NASD, FINRA, and American Arbitration Association. His clients have ranged from Fortune 500 companies (and their officer and directors) to small business owners and their employees. He has been inside general counsel to two U.S. defense contractors.
Mr. Quaranta received his law degree from the University of Miami School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1991) where he was awarded the Thomas P. McDougall Full Academic Scholarship. He was elected by his fellow classmates as member of the University of Miami Honor Council and was a member of the University of Miami Law Review.
Mr. Quaranta received his undergraduate degree in Economics from Georgetown University (CAS B.A., 1987). Mr. Quaranta is a four-year varsity letter winner at Georgetown where he played both football and baseball. Mr. Quaranta is a retired little league coach, and served as past Chairman to Florida Bar Grievance Committee 11-F. He is a resident of Coral Gables, Florida, where he lives with his wife, Angela.
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- J.D. - 1991
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Thomas P. McDougall Scholar
- Honors: Associate Justice, University of Miami School of Law Honor Council
- Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.A. - 1987
- Major: Economics
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Tax Court
- Dade County Bar Association, Member
- Florida Bar, Member
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner